CC doubled the grant they’re giving me each year - DOUBLED it. From about 8 grand to 15. On top of my merit scholarship. The relief, the joy, are inexpressible. Knowing that a burden will be taken off of my parents - knowing that all of the work, the letters, the calls, the visits, the paperwork, the stress, the tears, the hope, that all of it has not been in vain - knowing that so many people made a concerted effort on my behalf, knowing that they took a leap of faith for me, knowing that they believed I was worth it - knowing that God put his hand over me and those around me and those in Colorado and caused such a beautiful falling-together in my life - is pure, unadulterated joy.
I am so humbled by this incredible gift. If none of this had happened - if it had been easier to get to this place, so that I took the aid and support for granted, or if it had been impossible, so that I would go to college feeling bitter and resentful of the financial burden - I would not be so inspired to do great and beautiful things with my time there. But this gift is awe-inspiring.
I will do great things there: not because of any talent of my own, but because I have been given something stunning and I will do my best to repay that - to the people who loved and encouraged me, to the college, to the universe, to God.
This is my promise.
- worldof-wonder likes this
- simplicity-is-irrelevant reblogged this from sliceoflifegirl
- simplicity-is-irrelevant likes this
- placeholderforaday likes this
- greatestfinancialaidblog likes this
- perpetualguffaws likes this
- prosencephalicmusings likes this
- underthepianoarchive likes this
- vandalize-laverdad likes this
- lamechlikhi likes this
- write-with-light likes this
- sliceoflifegirl posted this